Cultivating a Community
As we progress towards a globalized future, the community center will provide tutoring, educational clubs, and parent and community involvement opportunities to promote appreciation for diversity and foster competency in critical and systemic thinking through:
Educational club opportunities focused on a STEAM (Science, Technology, Economics, Art and Mathematics) program.
Education on Sustainable Development (ESD).
Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Agenda 2030.
The geographical location has been selected because of the lack of resources available in surrounding areas, and due to the high percentage of sexually assaulted girls in the region. Partnerships for the community center will be supported by the Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sports, Ministry of Women Affairs, Ministry of Social Affairs, Veterans, and Youth Rehabilitation, Friends International, Child Safe Movement, and Aung Sleng Village community allowing us to:
- Increase child safety,
- Maintain inclusiveness and gender equality,
- Strengthen parent-child relationships,
- And promote cultural awareness and global education with specialized programs for girls to enhance individual self-empowerment.
Our dream as a result of this program is to:
1) Provide an understanding of the interconnectedness of the environmental, economic, social and political challenges currently facing humankind.
2) Learn root causes of sustainability issues amongst one’s community.
3) Find innovative, effective, and sustainable solutions for their own communities and/or nation.
This is our plan to empower our brothers and sisters of Cambodia. With your tax deductible purchase, this program will come to fruition and you will be considered a founding donor for life!